Friday, December 14, 2007

What is Web 2.0?

Intro to Web 2.0
I recently found this introduction to Web 2.0 video on Teacher Tube.


This was a video produced by Mike King. In it he simplifies the meaning and purpose of some Web 2.0 applications. In his blog post, Mike emphasized the need to build 21st century learning environments which integrate digital tools, encourage collaboration, motivate and engage students learning. As teachers in the 21st century and "digital immigrants", we need to take risks and step out of our box to continue to engage and inspire the students we teach-- the "digital natives." I hope some of you can join me in taking that risk.

As a Keystone teacher in PA, I have collaborated with an amazing group of educators. I have been inspired by what these educators have accomplished with their social networks, their blogs, their wikis, their global collaboration projects and much, much more. I hope that as I begin to develop my blog and create more lessons which utilize Web 2.0 applications, that you too will be inspired to step out of the box and begin to integrate digital tools in your lessons. Stay tuned....

0 comments: